Greta Garbo bridal suite
It was the favorite room of the famous Swedish actress Greta Garbo during her first stay in Taormina. The actress chose this room for the panoramic terrace with the breath-taking view of Mount Etna and the enchanting gulf of Naxos. It is the central room of the dwelling, particularly bright and silent, the ideal place to write, paint or simply relax . Furnished with antique Sicilian furniture of the eighteenth century and with watercolors by Robert Kitson, and other masters of the twentieth century (De Chirico, De Pisis, Campigli, Etc).
Accommodates 2 people
Size of private spaces: 40, 60 sqm (20,60 / m² living area and 20 sqm bedroom)
Original oak parquet
Authentic original furniture (18th century in the bedroom) and 20th century in the living area, designed by Frank Brangwyn for the Venice Biennale of Art in 1909. All the furniture in the room has been perfectly restored and now are under the protection of the Superintendency of Messina, as Cultural Heritage of the Italian State.
- Air conditioning
- 2 original fireplaces
- 1 flat screen LCD TV
- Original paintings by famous artists
- A sofa in the living room
- Terrace 16.5 / sqm, with a panoramic view of the garden, the Etna volcano and the city of Taormina. The outdoor spaces are furnished.
- Oak windows doors
- Queen-size bed (160 cm x 200 cm) with latex anti-allergic mattresses
- Bathroom with shower and Italian majolica tiles
- Minibar with Sicilian wines and sparkling wines
- High-speed Internet WI-FIBreakfast with typical Sicilian products
An extra bed can be added on request